Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Nocturnal Voyeur: The Complete Series by JD Carabella

Nocturnal Voyeur: The Complete Series by JD Carabella

 

 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Fiona had resisted giving in to her nightly sexual fantasy of an amorphous shadowy lover. But not tonight. What she finds on the other side of waking changes everything. A dream is not always just a dream. 
Touched by nightmare, Fiona discovers her own power, an insight into the sexual fantasy worlds of others. 
Can she learn what it means and to control it before it controls her? 
Will her monstrous paramour return and want more? 
Can Fiona find a way to keep her sanity? 
Maybe if she could only find someone who understood the dream realm, someone who could teach and protect her…

 

PURCHASE LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1r7lixQ

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1r7lkWs

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1r7loFH

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1r7lpJQ

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1r7ltJs

 

CHERRI-ANNE’S REVIEW:

You are mine. I am yours. We are fated.     5 GOLDEN DREAMS

Fiona and Mack might each be the solace that the other seeks…  Or they might be the enemy each of them fears.  WHEW!!  IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST THIS BOOK?  What an uniquely climatic story!  I have honestly never read anything like this, but oh baby is it ever DREAMTACULAR!!  I think with this story being set in the latter half of the 1930s not only fits this story PAWFECTLY, but it is also what makes it so intriguing!!  It truly is one bear of a dream!  I ABSO-FURRY-LUTELY LOVE just how FURRIFIC this plays out!  GRRRRRR!  DOUBLE GRRRRRRR!  I want to say so much more but I wouldn't dream of ruining this experience for you!  I will say that this is NOT a fluffy, sunny, fairy tail kind of naughty story.  So if that is what you are expecting, well - move along, there's nothing to read here. :-)  This is a little bit on the darker side being that it is set between "real" reality and a dream reality where there is "something" offering her pleasure that only she can dream up.  Where things might seem hot and make you crave for those dream visits, making you think you are safe since you are dreaming and controlling it, when the opposite is the truth... or is it??  Okay, that might just frustrate you since I don't really say much, but trust me - untangling realities, discovering the secrets and watching, experiencing it all unfold - THAT is all part of the BEARY, BEARY incredibly powerful and satisfying magic that JD weaves!  The darker aspects not only add ambiance to the story, but when combined with all of the other features - like the mysterious “powers” Fiona gains, the way that everyone has some kind of naughty or secret desires they are hiding (or not!), and more - it adds enrichment and gives the story depth like nothing else like it!!  But it is not all darker or naughty!  There is one BEARTACULAR heartwarming romance as well!  It truly pulls the story together, rounding it out, lighting up the darker corners, giving you something to root for, hope for, and yes, even in dream for!  Thanks to JD's FURRIFICALLY descriptive and detailed storytelling and world building, I felt like I was back in time, transported to a time and place I have never been (obviously).  I actually felt like I was right there with Fiona, walking the streets with her as she does her shopping, or cooking & cleaning her rented one bedroom, daydreaming on the bus, even while she is working.  So just think for a microsecond - if JD's FURNOMENAL talent can have me seeing, feeling, living the normal & mundane parts of Fiona's story, just think how that translates to the steamy & melty hot parts!!  *waggles eyebrows* wink wink nudge nudge  (I will put you mind at ease and say that there is not any unasked for or unwanted pleasures.)  I will say that I found this to be quite the charged story, oh so very charged!  *wags eyebrows*  Yes, there is "language" and acts, lots & lots of acts, but it is done tastefully and in a way that had me captivated and eagerly turning the pages!  This story will take you to new heights, to new peaks, to the summit and back again, many times over!  When you take the story as a whole into consideration WOW!  Talk about the Ultimate Pinnacle!  With story content -Yes!  There IS story content!! - that builds it all up, it leaves you satisfied, sometimes even if it seems IMPAWSSIBLE, you are actually wanting more, but at the end of it all, well, I was riveted by it all - the storyline, the characters, her powers, his powers, etc. - , loving the story, and I think that when you read this book, you will agree!  JD has this gift, this power, that pulls you into the story, has you wanting to uncover the secrets, solve the mysteries, find the happily ever after, all while tastefully introducing you to a side of yourself you might not know even existed!  This is my first time reading anything by JD but WOW!  I AM COMPLETELY BONDED TO HER NOW!! 

 

AUTHOR BIO:

I'm a mother, a wife, a gardener, and a Disney fanatic. I wish I could travel more, so I love books about cultures and history far from home. I cry at commercials with cute animals in them, and love all kinds of movies from action, to Sci-Fi, scary (thriller more than horror), to romance. I swoon at epic and tragic romances, and like ones that reflect the real flaws in people and their strength to overcome them. 
When someone asks me why I write, I say because I must. The people and ideas inside won't let me sleep if I don't put pen to paper - or finger to keyboard. When someone asks when did you become a writer, I say I always have been. I just finally started to put the words down. 
Self-publishing and independent writing is a blessing, a way to get stories and ideas out that may be too much of a risk for the big publishing names. I would say to everyone who has a writer lurking in their heart - Write!  I'm so glad that I finally did!

 

 

 

AUTHOR LINKS:

Website: https://jdcarabella.wordpress.com/

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jdcarabella/

Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/bHYMgD 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/JD-Carabella/e/B017VAZ2WC 
Blog: https://jdcarabella.wordpress.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JDCarabella

 


No comments:

Post a Comment