Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Prophecy Series by Lea Kirk


Prophecy (Book One in the Prophecy Series)

 

 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

 

A nightmare of galactic proportions…

One normal day turns into horror when Earth is attacked. Now ER nurse Alexandra Bock is imprisoned aboard an alien slave ship with no way out. She deems all aliens untrustworthy, including the handsome blue-skinned Matiran captain who shares her cell.

A betrayal from within…

One night of treachery leaves Senior Captain Gryf Helyg a prisoner of his enemies. Because of him, Earth’s inhabitants face extinction and his home world is threatened. But his plans for escape are complicated by his inexplicable draw to the Earth woman imprisoned with him. 

A chance to save both their peoples…

One ancient prophecy holds the key to free Alexandra and Gryf’s war-ravaged worlds. Can two wounded souls who have lost everything learn to trust and forgive in order to fulfill the prophecy, and find a love that will last for eternity?

 

 

TAG LINE

 

What would give up for your soul mate?

 

SHORT BLURB

 

A woman who's lost everything, a man betrayed by his own, but together their destiny is greater than ever imagined.

 

 

 

PURCHASE LINKS:

Amazon US

B&N

iBooks

Kobo

 

Amazon AU

Amazon CA

Amazon DE

Amazon FR

Amazon UK

 

Goodreads

 

 

CHERRI-ANNE’S REVIEW:

During times of darkness, two are joined to right wrongs    5 MILLION GOLD STARS

 

Alexandra Bock, representing Earthlings everywhere.  Oh MOTHER!! HOLY MOTHER!!  Lea hit the MOTHERLOAD with this one!!  I don't know if there are enough words to convey just how FANTASTIC this story is or just how much I LOVE it!!!  Right from the very start I was deeply ensconced in the story, living it with the characters all the way through to the very end!  When reading this book, you would NEVER guess that this is Lea's first book!  The descriptions, the attention to detail given for every little bit of it, the numerous characters of all ages & species, and oh so very much more, is all so beautifully crafted and works so perfectly together to create one helluva deep & enriched story that literally beams you into a whole new world... or three!  I found myself living and experiencing the story right from the very first sentence, taking me on this incredibly amazing journey that had me so emotionally & mentally invested I couldn't tell what was real or fiction!  And honestly?  I didn’t CARE what was real or not!  As long as I could stay with Alex & Gryf, then that was my reality and that is more than great enough for me!  It truly touched me all the way deep down into my soul & spirit!  The intricacies involving the Prophecy, word & name meanings, how they relate or complement each other, etc. blew me away!  Again, the attention to the little details like what Alex’s name means, defies description and is above & beyond SPACETASTIC!!  The care & attention to every single little detail is what makes this become so much more than a story, or even an adventure!  I truly felt like I was on this mind-blowing, nix that, SOUL-BLOWING SPACERRIFIC mission!!  Not once was I bored or lost, I never had problems following the story, understanding what was going on, etc.  In fact, I had an extremely hard time putting it down!  IT TRULY IS ONE SPACETACULAR STORY!!!  And there is SO MUCH story content to love!  The humor and sound bites from various Sci-Fi movies/shows & books had me belly laughing and a couple times I was laughing so hard I had tears!  Thank goodness I was reading this curled up in bed!  The connections that I had to/with the characters was unbelievable!  From the main characters, right down to minor, minor characters, they all had my attention.  When one of the kids achieved something – minor or major – I felt like a proud parent!  When Alex discovered a new talent, or mastered something, I felt like I accomplished it!  Some of the things I consider when reviewing a book is how I relate to the characters, IF I can relate to them, do I become a part of the story via the characters, do I LIVE the story AS the characters, do I SEE the scenery & the characters, does everything play out in my mind.  Well for Lea’s book Prophecy – I would enthusiastically rate this book 1 million gold stars if I could!  Immediately I was living the story both with and as the characters, I could feel their fear, see how scared they were, how betrayed some were, etc.  Honestly, I don’t know how to express just how much I LOVE this ALIENTACULAR story!!!  I love how Lea has created a whole new race of aliens that are similar to humans, but yet so different!  Then there are the other aliens that are nothing like humans at all!  I love the new languages, how there are words & phrases integrated throughout that you actually forget aren't 'real' words, but yet you understand them, know exactly what they mean, which adds even more depth & richness to the whole experience!  I can honestly say that I have never read a book like this one!  EVER!  And that is a GREAT thing, trust me!  It’s a compliment of the highest order!  The characters are all intriguing, well developed, even the "Bad Guys", although not a lot of time is spent with the bad guys, but you can still appreciate the time and effort that was put into creating ALL of the characters!  Not once did this story have any "errors" in it, meaning that the storyline was fluid, flowing smoothly & more importantly - consistently!  And can I just say that it is utterly AWESOME to FINALLY get a full-length book and one that honestly could have been longer!  Coming in at around 300 or so pages, not one page, paragraph or even a sentence was wasted, unnecessary or something I would consider as "filler"!  That is definitely something worth mentioning, especially in this day & age of serials, shorts, etc.  Well done Lea!!!!  I don’t mean to keep pointing it out, or over-emphasizing this, but I do think it is important because it really gives you an understanding of just how talented Lea truly is!!! For a first time author Lea did a PHENOMENAL job!  Scratch that!  For an author period, this is a FANTASTIC creation!!  It is a work of art!  My ONE & ONLY complaint is that the next book(s) are not yet out!!!  I truly cannot wait for the chance to visit Matir, catch up with my new friends and live some more adventures with them!!  ALL IN ALL - YOU NEED THIS BOOK!!  So run your fingers & mouse right over to your e-store of choice and buy this book today!!



 



Salvation (The Prophecy Series book 2) by Lea Kirk

 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

A blessing and a curse…

Seven years ago, a single moment changed the course of Nicholaus Bock’s life forever—the moment his preternatural Gift to heal awakened in him. A gift that made him an invaluable commodity to the known galaxy. Now his mentor’s intriguing and secretive new student goes out of her way to challenge his loyalty to everything he values.

 

A dark secret…

After facing death and destruction during the Anferthian invasion, Sakura Yamata revels in her new-found Gift to heal. Helping Earth’s survivors keeps her mind off the loss of her family, and the memory of the terrible choices she made. Nick could penetrate her defenses and discover what she’s hiding. She must not let the handsome healer close enough for that to happen.

 

A race facing annihilation…

When a mysterious disease strikes the hidden sanctuary of the Anferthian dissenters, Nick and Sakura are called in to help. But someone is going to great lengths to ensure the dissenters don’t survive. Nick and Sakura must set aside their differences and work together to save them before the fragile peace between three worlds is shattered.

 

SHORT BLURB

 

One outbreak of disease, two reluctant healers, three worlds on the brink of war. What could possibly go wrong?

 

 

 

PURCHASE LINKS:  

Amazon US

B&N

iBooks

Kobo

 

Amazon AU

Amazon CA

Amazon DE

Amazon FR

Amazon UK

 

Goodreads

 

 

 

CHERRI-ANNE’S REVIEW:

We will do all we can to save them.    5 cherry blossoms

 

One thing was clearer than anything. Failure was not an option.  Sometimes life just sucked.  Had Death just laughed at him?  Are you ready?  Ready to embark on a journey like no other?  Well strap yourself into your seat because this interplanetary transport ship is going to take you on one exciting, shocking, amazing, heart-wrenching, heart-warming, emotional, out of this world TREMATIRANDOUS adventure to find friendship, love, healing, faith in yourself, your gift, and Salvation!  WOW!!  This is one BOCKTACULAR story that focuses on Sakura Yamata & Nicholaus Bock or "Brother of our esteemed Profeta" as the Matiran's refer to him.  I have to say that when I found out this book is set seven years after Prophecy, I was worried that the magic would be lost, that maybe I wouldn’t love it just as much as I do love Prophecy, but WOW!!  That could not have been more further from the truth!!!  I ABSO-NULKING-LUTELY love, Love, LOVE this book!!  I love the characters, the updates on everyone, just EVERYTHING!!!  Well except the sad parts, but by now we all know that those lows make the highs that much sweeter!  Like cherry blossom sweeter!  I fell in love with Alex & Gryf the moment I met them in Prophecy (book 1 of the series) and was really hoping that we would continue with them in future books.  When I saw it was about Alex’s brother Nick, I will admit to being a touch disappointed (I DID say that I fell in love with Alex & Gryf and I meant in!), but then I was excited to see what Nick was up to and why he did what he did, chose a different path, and just get to know him.  Lea did not disappoint in the slightest!  In fact, I actually fell for Nick *almost* as quickly as I did with Alex!  J  And Sakura?  She was an enigma that I was determined to understand and discover her secrets, because there is no doubt that she harbors something big that she doesn’t want ANYONE to know about!  For the record, I DO love this story as much as Prophecy and I do love Nick & Saku!!  I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the very same “aliens” that we briefly met in book 1, that helped our heroes escape and survive.  And to be able to live with them on another planet?!?  WHOOOT!  Then there is that moment when Saku & Nick joined minds!  It was so beautiful, so precious, so perfectly PERFECT it brought tears to MY eyes!  But then again, it is a Lea Kirk book!  The way she tells a story goes way beyond, much deeper, than “just reading a book”.  It truly is a full-fledged, all around all sensory experience!  Lea doesn’t just have you read the book.  She transports you into the story, so that you not only live the story with the characters, you BECOME the characters!  You experience everything with them, for them and AS THEM, and REALLY see - feel - inside their hearts & minds, giving you a gift that is too precious for mere words!  I honestly cannot think of adequate words that share my love and excitement for this series, especially without leaking some spoilers!!!!  Trust me!  This is definitely a series you should – NEED to – read!  I was so completely absorbed into the story that I couldn't tell where the book left off and I started!  Or where I left off and the book started!  I laughed, cried, cringed, worried, relaxed, held my breath, gasped and every other reaction right along with - as - Nick, Saku, Dante and even for her brief appearance, with & as Alex!  In fact I was so absorbed into the story I apparently didn't even hear the voices OUTSIDE of my head!!  oops!  Sorry Mom!  When reading this book, I had the sensation of being encased in warm, soft, fuzzy cuddles, that stayed with me for the entire story.  At first I thought it was because I was just so excited to FINALLY read more in this SPACETASTIC series (I say “finally” because as soon as I finished Prophecy I immediately wanted more, More, MORE to read simply because it was that great and I loved it that much!).  But then I realized it was something more preternatural – LEA’S GIFT!!!  It is Lea's Gift that comes across to me like warm, soft, fuzzy, cuddles.  Just like when I get all comfy in my pjs & settled in to read a SPACETACULAR Lea Kirk book!!  Lea is without a doubt, hands down, a Master of the highest level with her Gift - the Gift to create SCI-FINOMENAL stories!!  The very kind of stories that transport me to another time and place where "aliens" are not only real, but close friends, family, even mates!  If you are looking for a series that will take you hostage, that will take you on an epic adventure like no other, then THIS IS THE SERIES FOR YOU!!!! 

 



 

AUTHOR BIO:

Lea Kirk loves to transport her readers to other worlds with her science fiction romances. Her fascination with science fiction began at six years old when her dad introduced her to the original Star Trek TV series. She fell in love with the show, and was even known to run through her parents’ house wearing the tunic top of her red knit pantsuit and her white go-go boots pretending to be Lieutenant Uhura. By nine years old she knew she wanted to be a writer, and in her teens she read her first romance and was hooked.

 

Ms. Kirk lives with her wonderful hubby of twenty-six years, their five kids (aka, the nerd herd), and a Doberman who is convinced he's a people. 

 

 

AUTHOR LINKS:

Website

Facebook

Goodreads Author Page

Twitter: @LeaKirkWrites



 


No comments:

Post a Comment