Sunday, May 24, 2015

Michelle Fox


The Alpha’s Justice by Michelle Fox

Description

What’s an alpha to do when he’s found his fated mate, but she reacts to the news by kicking him in the balls? 

Gretchen Halbmond became a diehard Daddy’s girl the day her mother ran out on them both. She doesn’t believe in love and isn’t looking for it, but when her ailing father is attacked and left bloody by wolves on the wrong side of the law, she goes out in search of what she does believe in: Justice. 

Sheriff Talon Garde has way too much on his plate. Humans have breached shifters' carefully guarded privacy and are about to go public. If he can’t stop them, what happened to Gretchen’s father is going to be the least of everyone’s worries. 

More importantly, despite Talon’s rep as a badass alpha whose growl strikes fear in the hearts of criminals, Gretchen’s scent makes him go all squishy inside. She’s THE ONE, he’s sure of it. There’s just the small matter of convincing Gretchen it’s pointless to fight fate…and surviving the way she fights it. 

Standalone novel with NO cliffhanger. 

NOTE: While this is book 2 of the Huntsville Pack series, all the books are completely standalone. The series does revisit favorite characters, but the plots don’t carry over from book to book, they are resolved at the end of each story. 


Thoughts by Cherri-Anne 

5 Stars 

Mates at first kiss is bullshit.   

 

The only woman he did want kept trying to flatten his balls into pancakes.  HOWLY HOTNESS WOLFMAN!!!  Ya, okay, that was kinda lame play on words, but this story is anything but!!!  I planned on reading for a few minutes to pass some time except I couldn't stop until I had to because I ran out of story to read!!!  This is the exact kind of book I love to read!  Well, excepting the fact that the vampires are not the main “heart throbs”, of course!  LOL  This story has it all - mystery, Shifters, mates, HOT hot moments, hilarity ranging from puns, to sarcasm to plays on words and this lightheartedness that helps to round out the serious stuff making it all a read you don't want to miss out on!!  Of course, the fact that it is all perfectly fused together into a terrific storyline written by an author whom you can tell from the start is extraordinarily gifted, just makes it all the much more sweeter!  I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't wait for more!!  While I am waiting, I will have to go back and read book 1 The Alpha’s Mate since I think that somehow I missed it!?!  I absolutely love how Michelle does the "internal wolf"!!  It cracks me right up!  For me, that is what makes a shifter well, a shifter!  I love that the wolf does have its own “personality” as well, and that while it is one with its “human”, it still has its own thoughts almost, and the influence it tries to have over them, well it is priceless!  Specifically with Gretchen!  She doesn’t want Talon but her wolf sure does!  I kept picturing it happening superimposed in my mind the way I think it is for the actual shifters, so when the wolf did anything like perking up, pacing, whining, drooling, etc. I could see it!  Obviously that means one of two things - either proof that I've lost it or it is yet even more proof of just how gifted Michelle truly is!  My vote is for Michelle! :-)  I did find it a little confusing that Gretchen seems to have the Pack in general, as well as her Pack, up on a pedestal almost.  Any problem that arises, or from stories she hears, the first answer or first place to turn is always to the Pack & the Alpha, but yet she scoffs at fated mates?!?  I know WHY she thinks they are bull, but if everything else is Pack & Pack rules, customs, etc. then why should this be so farfetched?  And who the bleep doesn't want their own Alpha?  I am thinking that if you are reading these books, it is either because you already have an Alpha to call yours, you WANT an Alpha to call your own, or you just want some ideas to...well, you know what I mean!  *wags eyebrows while giving a big wolfy grin*  Regardless, after some of these lines it makes me drool & yearn even more for my own Alpha!  Like this one for example "No one touches what’s mine. No one."  Or how about "She smelled awesome, so what? She had curves that he would pay money to lick…"  oh come on!  That one makes me wet!  I mean weak...as in weak in the knees.  really.  And I'm not too proud to accept help “his wolf started yipping with excitement"  snicker. My point is that this the perfect blend of all things hot, spicy, sexy and romance with a terrifically meaty storyline.  Almost makes me want to give up on waiting for my vampire mate to get on over here!  I think an Alpha would do pawfectly!!  All ruff and male and devoted and hot..and....Alpha....and sexy......and mind....blo...w...ing....ummmm, whew!  Is it hot in here or is that just him? *naughty grin*


LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1cP9wAo

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1cP9Oap

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1cP9NmX

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1cP9AjQ

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1cP9k4g

B&N – http://bit.ly/1cP9xV8


No comments:

Post a Comment