Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sarah Mäkelä



Beneath the Broken Moon: Part One by Sarah Mäkelä 

Description

Werewolf relationships are all about influence and offspring, especially as they are becoming extinct. But Carmela Santiago resents that type of life. She dreams of falling in love, not following the example her parents have set. 

When sensual vampire Derek Ashmore rescues her from dangerous hunters, she tumbles head over heels for him. Not a wise decision since werewolves and vampires are mortal enemies. 

Meeting her caring mate-to-be Brendan Kelly has her further questioning the future. Regardless, her life has forever changed now that she’s met not one, but two men who pull at her heartstrings... 

This is part one in a werewolf menage serial with a cliffhanger, explicit language and sexual situations. Please read the books in order.


Thoughts by Cherri-Anne 

5 Stars

The only thought floating through my head was the almost-kiss  

 

WHOA!! and WOW!!  Now THIS is a story that I could oh so happily and eagerly get lost in!  In fact I just did!  Sarah has definitely outdone herself with this one!  I love the mix of species, the hints at what is going on in this world, the little bit of a darker tone to the storyline, but it does have some humor that offsets these parts or lightens things up, not that it is needed mind you!  There is so much going on!  Sexy parts, funny parts, darker parts, bits that break your heart, bits that make you gasp or say WTF?!  You know, everything that makes a great story well…great and keeps you holding your breath and craving more!  While this is not “horror” darker, it does have a great deep story that begs you to uncover all of its secrets! This is definitely not a light & fluffy story, which in my opinion is completely fantastic and the perfect draw for me!  I am not usually a fan of stories told from the views of multiple first persons, but this one is different.  Sarah has written it very beautifully and with each chapter switching viewpoints means that it doesn't flip 'all the time' which makes it quite easy to follow and it also gives insight from each character, letting us in on their thoughts.  However it doesn't tell the same scene over & over again from each character which I think is why I am enjoying it very much!  It may pick up on the last bit of the last character, but then it takes over and goes forward with the other characters story.  Carmella is an interesting person whom I can't wait to get to know better.  Same with Derek.  I did find it quite interesting that Sarah has chosen to tell actually very little background on the characters, the different species involved or even how many even exist in this world.  The story just starts off running - literally - and you get bits & pieces here and there that keep the storyline moving forward while also giving you the insight as to what is going on and why.  This actually drew me in right away and I found myself very disappointed when I got to the ending!  I cannot wait to keep reading!  I NEED to know what is going to happen!  If Carmella doesn't want Derek, I will happily take him off of her hands for her.  I haven’t read that many of Sarah’s book as of yet, in fact I have recently started to work my way through them all, but this story is by far and away my favorite!  I personally think, again having only read a couple of her books so far, that this is in fact her best work to date!  I hope that there won’t be too long of a wait between each part of this story!  I am usually a very impatient reader, but this one has me itching to get the ENTIRE series RIGHT NOW!  So yes, I recommend this to anyone who likes a great, slightly darker, but with some humor, sexy & oh so awesome paranormal story!

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1DNGvvS

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1DNGubf

Amazon AU– http://bit.ly/1DNGwjx

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1DNGwA8

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1DNGuZ4


No comments:

Post a Comment