Thursday, October 15, 2015

Donna McDonald



Ariel (Nano Wolves Book 1) by Donna McDonald

 

Despite her sharp scientific mind and her degree in bio-molecular genetics, Dr. Ariel Jones hasn’t figured out how her life changed so much in a single day. Before she can blink and ask about what is going on, she’s being shot with a billion nanos and some very potent wolf blood. 

Now she can suddenly turn into a giant white wolf with the bloodlust of a starving animal. And she’s an alpha wolf…or so she is told by the even larger, very male, black wolf who was used to create her. Hallucination? She wishes. Whether human or wolf, Reed talks in her head and tells her how to handle things…or rather how to kill them…starting with the men who hold them all captive. Too bad he can’t tell her how to put her life back like it was. 

Admittedly, there are perks to being a werewolf, such as meeting sexy werewolf guys like Matthew Gray Wolf. It’s not like the science labs were overrun with sexy men in white coats. She also doesn’t mind learning about a side of herself she never knew existed. It's great changing into a real wolf whenever she wants, but being a living experiment wasn’t part of the scientific career she’d planned for herself. Neither was falling for the local werewolf alpha, but what else is a newbie werewolf caught in her burning time going to do?

 

My rating = 5 PAWS UP

 

I fell in love with you the first time I saw you.     

Can I be your alpha?  Oh, you are definitely my alpha.  Together they created the physical bond they both craved.  HOLY FRACK!!!!  Now THIS is one effen FANGTASTIC book!  WOW!  I was madly, utterly & wholly blown away by this story!!  It is so different than any other Shifter book I have ever read in all the best ways possible!  It is both intense & light-hearted, dark & light, deep & rich and everything else that makes a story go from “okay” to utterly WOLFTASTIC & FANGTABULOUS!!!  Since I was enraptured from the start, it is safe to say that this is one of those stories!!!  I loved the characters and found it so refreshing to read a book with such an awesome female lead.  I abso-freaking-lutely loved Alpha Ariel, but the blending of Alpha Matt & her was beyond words!  Who would have ever guessed that one Alpha could be so tender, loving and everything the other Alpha needs, when it is needed.  “I would like to take my nano wolf to bed and make her happy before she sleeps.”  I love how creative Donna was, making these HER wolf shifters, a pack above the rest with all of the unique abilities, how circumstances brought them to this point - both for the girls and the Wolves - and I love how Donna chose to provide the information, when & how much, mixed in with fire putting out duties *naughty grin*, humor of all kinds, all of the different personalities both human & Wolf.  Which brings me to one of my most favorite traits/qualities of shifter stories - the individual personality of the Wolf and how the human and Wolf communicate with each other!  That part is so PAWESOME!!  Makes me long to be a shifter too!  When I first started it, I was mildly disturbed with myself at how much I was into the first couple of chapters.  It should have been at least a bit disturbing, but yet I couldn't wait for the bloody part to happen, and even though it wasn’t a really “bloody” or gory part it did satisfy my bloodlust!  Justice was served!  That is NOT me, but Donna had me so into it, so absorbed into the story I felt like I was living it with the girls.  Which is one trait that makes a good author a great author!  Other things are how much I loved the characters, the storyline, how fast I wanted to read through to find out what was going to happen while at the same time wanting to go slow enough to absorb and understand every single detail.  Having humor, hot moments, mates, friendship and romance are some of the other important things to me that turn a good book written by a good author into a PAWMAZING addictive story with an equally WOLFTABULOUS author!!  I can already see from this one book alone her incredible amount of talent and her ability to hold me completely spellbound from very beginning to the very bitter end, Donna is one such author and I cannot wait to read all of her books!!

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1PsPcCc

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1PsPfOs

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1PsPg58

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1PsPjxL

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1PsPidb

B&N – http://bit.ly/1PsPhpB

Kobo – http://bit.ly/1PsPkSo


No comments:

Post a Comment