Friday, April 24, 2015

Terry Bolryder



Description

When Kim Starling wins a free Caribbean vacation, she knows it's her last chance at adventure. Two weeks in the sun, and then she goes back to the arranged mating she's been doomed to from birth. Easy enough, until her guide turns out to be sexy Sebastien Weston, an alpha-bear sea captain who might just be her mate. 

Sebastien doesn't know what to do with curvy, luscious Kim. He swore he'd never take a mate, but he can't seem to take his eyes off of the adventurous she-bear who always seems to be getting in trouble. But after a daring rescue and a kiss in the ocean, Sebastien and Kim can't help falling into a fling that sizzles like a tropical sun, but can only last two weeks. 

But the more he's with Kim, the more Sebastien is realizing that two weeks isn't enough. Can he overcome his past and fear of taking a mate in time to find a way to free Kim from her family? Or will he lose the mate of a lifetime?

Thoughts by Cherri-Anne 

5 Stars 

He wanted her to remember him with every step she took. 

 

Oh how I loved this story!  I was impressed that even though it is a shorter story (roughly about 95 pgs or so) it did NOT lack for anything.   Kim is such an amazing girl, so full of self-confidence and always ready for the next adventure.  Then there is Sebastien!  He is the middle brother of the Weston bears and he is all full of seriousness with a scowl always close by.  Of course, he is not in the market for a mate, but fate (& his father) have other plans for him!  Right away you can just tell how funny, sexy & full of romance this book is going to be and you will not be disappointed!  I burst out laughing a few times with all of the hilarious moments and naughty one liners like “So, captain, you gonna let me hoist your mainsail later”.  There isn’t a lot of “shifting” but the bear is always there, as part of the story. This is the second time that I have had the pleasure of reading Terry's books.  I absolutely loved Bear-ever Yours, and this is the perfect story to follow it!  I know that the books in this series are each labeled as a standalone because of the way that they end…but I think that by reading them in order you get the most out of ALL of the stories!  I love Terry’s take on polar bears, the unique traits they have, I love the humor, the sexiness, the…well EVERYTHING!  I love the different...WHOA!!  Almost gave a spoiler there!   As I already mentioned this is the second book of Terry's that I have read, but I can guarantee that it will NOT be the last!!  I love how creative and unique Terry's polar bears are!  In fact, when I first heard of Terry, all I had seen was the cover of Bear-ever Yours with a polar bear on it, then the word 'shifter' and I knew that I just had to have this book in my library!!  I guess you could say 'you had me at polar bear'!  In fact I actually have bought all of her books so I am rather impatiently chomping at the bit to get to reading them!  All in all, Terry & her polar bears are more than well worth the read and I can’t wait for the next one!  Awesome story, great adventure, humor, hotness, romance and everything else you could ask for in a book!

 LINKS:

Amazon Canada – http://amzn.to/1Ho2lwb

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1Ho2q2Z

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1Ho2uzM





Description

The match-making papa bear is at it again! 

  

Scott Weston is tired of his father's attempts to set him up. As the workaholic manager of a premiere resort, Scott doesn't have time to show a date around the island. But he's surprised to find that his most recent match is Mara, a beautiful, curvaceous artist who he just can't leave alone. Especially when he finds out she may be in danger.

 

When Mara Frost accepts a free Caribbean vacation, all she wants is a two-week break from her lonely life in New York and the stalker who is trying to make her life hell. She isn't sure what to make of Scott Weston, the sexy, successful businessman assigned as her guide. He makes her feel safe for the first time in years, but she also knows that his job will always come first. 

  

But as things heat up on the island, Scott is realizing there is more to life than work, and Mara is realizing that sometimes you have to take a risk and trust someone to not let you down. But can the two work out their differences before Mara's stalker catches up?


Thoughts by Cherri-Anne 

5 Stars 

“But what am I supposed to do when my father chews me out for breaking your heart?”  

 

“Who says I won’t break your heart?”  WOW!!  Who knew bears could be so naughty & good at the same time!?!  POLAR BEARS!!!  Whoot!  Okay, I know it's corny, but...you had me at 'polar bear'!  Terry sure knows how to attract, grab & keep your attention!!  This is such a great romance filled story!  I really enjoyed the three stories in this series and I would have liked a little more of the 'bear' parts, but I enjoyed the 'inside' bears immensely!  This book is about Scott, the oldest of those Weston boys and Mara, who is the gal that Sam has decided would be a perfect mate for Scott.  Too bad that they both have other ideas!  Scott is the workaholic manager - “You can’t always use work to get away from your feelings.” - who hardly even steps outside of the Weston’s family Hotel Resort that he runs even though they are in the Caymans!  Mara has her own issues that she is trying to deal with back home but when there isn’t anyone to help her with them, she eagerly accepts the free trip to the Caribbean with hopes that everything will settle without her being around.  Neither of them are looking for anything permanent, nor are they wanting a mate.  Too bad that they have no idea what fate has in store for them until it intervenes.  “Her bear wasn’t disturbed by it, but her inner human was confused.”  (I just love that line!)  Let’s just say that the outcome is equal parts heartbreak, hilarity and romance all at the same time!  Of course, you would have to read the story to understand my comments, because I am trying to say things without giving away any spoilers!!  I cannot wait to read all of Terry's other books, especially if this is a great representation of her work!  She is one very talented & gifted author that is able to catch your attention right from the beginning, heck even from those amazing covers!!!  My attention was fully focused on the story from start to finish, I couldn't put it down until I knew what was going to happen!  I thought that how Terry dealt with some of the situations by NOT dealing with them was pure genius!  The focus is fully on the two bear shifters and that is it!  Yes other stuff does happen, life moves forward, time goes on, yadda yadda yadda, *snicker*  but the story is all about two people hopefully becoming one.  Don’t be misled by the fact that this is a shorter story of about 83 pgs or so because you would be missing out on some great stories that pack a helluva wallop!  There is so much story and nothing is added in “to fill pages” like it doesn’t have a true purpose.  Terry is one very talented author!  I have now read the three books in this series and even though the initial situations are quite similar, and the outcome might be the same, the path that is taken to get from 'me' to 'us' is so very different!  To me, that is one of the many points that are a perfect example of just how gifted Terry truly is!  In fact as soon as I saw the cover of Bear-ever Yours with a polar bear on it, and then found the word 'shifter' in the description, well I just knew that I had to read it!  I have never read a polar bear shifter book before so I was eager to read these ones and boy oh boy am I ever glad I did!!  I love the creativeness, the unique features they all have.  Most importantly, I love that each story is its own story!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and totally loved the epilogue!  I love to catch up 'old' friends, it helps bring a series all together full circle...almost!  With all of the little hints that Terry gave us in the first two books, and then the outright teasing in this book...well all I can say is that Terry had better be planning at least one more - longer- book to get ALL of Sam's story!  Past, present and future!  So to sum things up – Terry has written an amazing set of polar bear shifter books that I can only hope she will continue to add to this series because they are funny, hot, sexy, romantic, adventure & pretty much anything you could ever want in a great story!  You gotta read this! 

LINKS:

Amazon Canada – http://amzn.to/1HXmuZ2

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1HXmybk

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1HXmAQl


No comments:

Post a Comment