Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Holley Trent



The Cougar’s Pawn (Desert Guards book 1) by Holley Trent

 

Ellery Colvard escapes her perfectly organized life for a camping trip with her friends, hoping for a tiny thrill. She'll settle for a distraction, but instead she gets swept off her feet. Literally.

 

Alpha were-cougar Mason Foye needs a mate, even if he has to resort to drastic measures to get one. But when he and his brothers sweep up Ellery and her friends, the last thing he expects is a woman with a nasty bite of her own. Not only does Ellery know all about shifters, she's got magic. In fact, the little witch is a bit scary. What's more, Ellery isn't convinced fated mates exist.

 

If Mason can't persuade Ellery that they're destined for a life of excitement together, he's doomed to spend the rest of his days in his cougar form - without his son, his family, or the woman he's already fallen for head over heels.

 

Sensuality Level: Sensual

 Thoughts by Cherri-Anne

My rating = 5 stars

 

She was Alpha’s girl.   

 

OHMEOHMYOHMY!! DANG!  Now THIS is a PAWESOME story!!  I ABSO-FANG-ALUTELY LOVED IT!!!  Ellery is this hilarious gal who had me in stitches from the get-go, but man, does she have 'bad' luck!  “Why does this stuff happen to me?”  Of course, I would love to have the same kind of 'bad' luck that brought her a sexy cougar of a man!  Or is that a man of a cougar?!?  LOL  Speaking of witch, Mason is hilarious & sexy & one of those Alpha types who has no clue on how to woo a gal.  Of course, with those qualities he also doesn't have to!  This is my first book of Holley's and will NOT be the last!  She is one FURRIFICALLY talented author who had me spellbound from the cover, but the story itself had me so immersed I felt like I was there with them!  All of the various people, the multitude of supernatural types, their personalities, their powers and oh so very much more, are only part of why this story was so unique & amazing!  I laughed at the how & why that brought Mason & Ellery together.  All of the twists, reasons, arguments, sass, sweet moments bring even more pizazz, but I honestly cannot point to any one thing that explains why I love this story so much!  It is the sum of ALL of the parts!  The way that there is always so much going on, so many different aspects, new people to meet, smart a$$ comments to laugh at and try to decode.  It all blends PAWFECTLY together to give this story a realistic feel and bring a richness & depth to the storyline that is just indescribable!  Holley is one tremendously talented author and I for one cannot wait to read ALL of her books, let alone 'just' this series!!

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1Dd3GQu

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1Dd5vwx

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1Dd5vNf

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1Dd3Y9R

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1Dd3Lnb

B&N – http://bit.ly/1Dd5yIY

Kobo – http://bit.ly/1Dd3OiF

 


 

 

The Cougar’s Trade (Desert Guards book 2) by Holley Trent

 

After a month as a "guest" of the Foye gang, quiet nurse Miles Bennett is itching to be able to leave their isolated ranch. But were-cougar second-in-command Hank Foye wants to take her as his mate. If she doesn't agree to accept him, he'll be cursed to spend the rest of his life on four paws. With no family waiting for her back home, Miles decides to stick around - Hank is cute, and staying in town means she'll get to stay with her friends.

 

Hank expected to be paired with Miles's brash friend Hannah, not meek and mundane Miles. But his goddess says this is his one and only chance for a mate, even if Miles is a liability in a world where shifters fight to lead and roam. Now he not only has to attend to Cougar affairs but play bodyguard, too.

 

Surprisingly, the sweet young woman brings his long-repressed passions roaring to life. She deserves to be loved unconditionally, but he sees her as the embodiment of everything he can't have. Can he get his house in order to lead a group of restless Cougars and earn his mate's trust?

 

Sensuality Level: Sensual

 

 

My rating = 5 GOLD COUGARS

 

He was a predator, pure and simple.     

 

The question was, was she prey?  HOLY SWEETNESS BATMAN!!  What a PAWFECTLY sweetly intense story!  Or is that intensely sweet?  Both work actually!  First off, I love that this book continues the story pretty much from where The Cougar's Pawn left off.  I was wondering if Holley would do just that or re-do the first story but now from Miles & Hank's point of view.  I ABSO-FURRY-LUTELY love this story & series!  Holley creates such PAWMAZING worlds for us, I mean her characters, to play & live in.  They're definitely worlds I want to visit as much as PAWSSIBLE!!  Thankfully I started with the Desert Guards books so I have some other books to catch up (I believe they take place before these Desert Guard ones) so I have plenty more chances to visit!!  YAAA!  :-)  But that is no CLAWS for concern!  I don't feel like I was scrambling or lost because of it.  It actually just made me want to read the other books so that I could meet more of Ellery's new...family-by-choice.  As for these characters, well they are so multi-dimensional meaning that they are not perfect people, they have a full range of emotions, personality, history, flaws, etc. making them so real and easy to love (or hate), where you can't help but root for them, cheer when they cheer, laugh with, for & at them, cry for & with them, living their adventures and lives with them, and even AS them!  So many times I gave Miles a big virtual hug!!  She is such a sweetheart with a steel spine and a heart of gold.  Having so much of the story told from, or of, her perspective was pure genius on Holley's part!  In my opinion it is what made the story the gem that it is!  Then there is Hank. He is quite the character!  Regardless if it is the human side or the cougar half, he is complicated and oh so very frustrated AND frustrating!  “Bad kitty.” “Mm-hmm. So bad.”  I was completely CATIVATED with the cougar and his comments!  Totally kept me laughing with the hard time he gives Hank!  That is always one aspect of the shifter stories that make them so PUUURRRRRFECT in my opinion – when the animal side has its own personality, the way it communicates with its human half, etc.  I was so shocked at all of the surprises, twists and how the last couple of chapters played out!!  Holley had my jaw hanging open on more than one occasion!  I think even more times than Miles & Hank's jaws did!  I did NOT see ANY of those jaw droppers coming!!  In fact after I finished the story, I went back and re-read some parts and STILL didn't see them coming!  Which of course is one of the main reasons that I think this story is so FANGTABULOUS!!  Overall, this is such a COUGARTASTIC book and FURRIFIC addition to the Desert Guards series!  Holley has phenomenal talent with a genuine gift that shines through enlightening the stories and taking it to the nth level by turning a “good read” of a story into a truly SHIFTACULAR reading experience & adventure!

 

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1No9cUh

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1No9dHU

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1No9evq

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1No9hY8

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1No9kDo

B&N – http://bit.ly/1No9mLu

Kobo – http://bit.ly/1No9pqF

 

 


 

 

The Cougar’s Bargain (Desert Guards 3) by Holley Trent

 

Hannah Welch doomed were-cougar Sean Foye to spend the rest of his life in his animal form when she refused to accept him as a mate. But an attack at the Foyes' New Mexico ranch ended with Hannah becoming a cougar, too. She strikes a bargain with the goddess who cursed him: Sean will be freed from his furry affliction if Hannah can find him a more suitable mate.

 

Then the two are paired on a mission to root out a group of troublemakers, and as they work together, their icy feelings end up thawing quickly. Soon, Hannah's not so sure she should give Sean up. He's the only man who's ever made her feel comfortable in her own skin - and her own fur, too. Can she prove to Sean that destiny deserves a second chance?

 

Sensuality Level: Sensual

 

My rating = 5 GOLD COUGARS

 

She wasn’t cut out to be anyone’s mate, fated or not.    

 

WHOA!!  Talk about your magically COUGARLICIOUS stories!!  I didn't think that this series could PAWSSIBLY get any better, and BOY!!  I have never been so thrilled to be wrong!  So much goes on, so many lights are shed which of course creates more questions & mysteries I want answered/explained.  I'll be blunt & honest here, I really wasn't interested in Hannah or Sean, partly because we really didn't have much to do with them in the first 2 books, but also because I'm not often fond of bickering as an extreme sport. :) “B@$ch?” She shrugged. “So be it. I did the time, and now I get to reap the benefits.”  However there have been a couple of hints & teases given that piqued my curiosity, especially the 'secret' that Hank figured out in The Cougar's Trade.  And yes I am fully aware of the phrase 'curiosity killed the cat'!  snicker   Not that I would EVER NOT read a book of Holley's - especially in a series that has me completely CATIVATED like this one has! - but I am thrilled, no, ecstatic, no, I am euphoric that I did read this one!  In fact I actually stayed up all night reading it because once I started I couldn't put it down!!  I told you I was PAWSITIVELY CATIVATED!!  The bantering, snark, wording & phrases had me HOWLING with laughter they were so COUGARIFIC!!  “You lie like a cougar-skin rug, Sean Foye.”  To continue being honest - I bawled through the last quarter or so of the book!  I thought that I could relate to Miles...until I got to know Hannah!  I certainly think differently of her now.  I loved how each story was its own with its own unique situations, problems, romance, etc.  I always love how the animal & human sides communicate and interact with each other as well as with friends, siblings and mates.  This one is different because of Hannah not being born a cougar, so the interaction between human-her & cougar-her are different, but still touching and funny.  The romance is much different with Hannah & Sean for a lot of the same reasons.  “Hello, kitty. I’m going to devour you when all is said and done.”  So many times I....ya, I ain't gonna spoil it for you at all!  Trust me, you will love this book!!  And Sean & Hannah too!  Combine all of that with the magic, otherworldly and shifter stuff and you get one PAWMAZINGLY SHIFTACULAR book & COUGARTASTIC series!!!  YOU SO NEED TO READ THIS STORY, AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE SERIES!!  I do recommend reading the Desert Guards books in order.  While each couple does get their own book & HEA, there are storylines that flow through all of the books.  Holley has created a world I don't EVER want to leave!  Hopefully she loves it as much as me - us! - and will write more stories that give us updates to how everyone is doing, maybe a few years later so we can see if they have litters of cubs of their own, etc.  I know there is at least one more story to come and I CANNOT WAIT!!  Holley is phenomenally talented with a genuine gift that has not only captured my attention, but my heart as well!  

 

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/1Noa4Zi

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/1Noa8rT

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/1Noa63k

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/1Noa9fy

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1Noa9Mw

B&N – http://bit.ly/1NoacI7

Kobo – http://bit.ly/1NoacYy

No comments:

Post a Comment