Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wolf Specter



Heat: Fated Mates (Dragon’s Destiny) by Wolf Specter

 

Mankind doesn’t know that dragon shifters like Dane Bennett exist, even though their history has been manipulated by the arrogant beasts for thousands of years. Unlike the rest of his species, Dane has dedicated his life to caring for humans, looking out for them, fighting for them, protecting them — and never, ever letting them know what he really is.

Wesley Byrne just broke up with his boyfriend, and he certainly isn’t looking for another. His twin brother, Ty, thinks a night out with some of the soldiers he serves with will be just what Wes needs to stop moping over a man who doesn’t deserve it.

After four hundred years, the dragon inside Dane recognizes Wes as his destiny, but Dane doesn’t trust his dragon. He’s convinced that humans can’t survive a dragon’s heat, and if he gives in it will force him to break the vow he made the day he discovered his true nature — to never take a human life.

But neither Dane nor Wes can resist the powerful pull of a fated mate, and each of them will get more than they bargained for when they finally come together.

Heat: Fated Mates is a standalone novel with a HEA ending, a satisfying epilogue, and NO CLIFFHANGERS!

Content Warning: This book is a steamy gay romance that contains explicit, unprotected love scenes and male pregnancy, or Mpreg. Adults only shifter romance!

 

 Thoughts by Cherri-Anne

My rating = 5 FLAMING STARS

 

That’s right, treasure, you’re mine.     

 

my mate was life, my breath, my reason for being.  HOLY DRAGON FIRE!  What a SHIFTACULAR & magical story!!  I ABSO-TALON-LUTELY loved it!  It has this great story that is filled with sweet & touching moments, lust-filled ones, as well as humor, family, friendship, romance as well as heartbreak, fear and lots of other great features that enrich this DRAGONTASTIC story!  Because of Dane's history, the world building, character development and the storyline itself, among other parts, this story also has a great depth to it.  I loved the dragon 'lore' and all of the dragon histories & stories.  Well, almost all!  There always has to be some bad or darker parts to make you fully appreciate the good parts and this one is no exception!  I am in awe of how Wolf made these dragons all his own!  I can't think of any other story that has dragons like his and that is truly a great thing!  My one most favorite quality or trait that I love to see in shifters is the ability or way in which the human & animal sides converse, interact, their different personalities and how they co-exist together, if they even can!  Well, Wolf not only has done this but has done it so FANGTASTICALLY!!  Because there is this 'conflict' or disconnect between Dane & his Dragon-half, Dane doesn't trust his Dragon, he refers to it as the beast more often than not, and seems almost afraid of the Dragon!  That is very unique to me, not ever seeing that in any of the hundreds of shifter books I have read over the years!  So naturally, it was one of the two main qualities that had me so intrigued & captivated by this story!  The other being how Wesley was going to handle not only BEING pregnant, but also how he was going to BIRTH the baby too!  This is my first book by Wolf and WOW!  I was very much enthralled with ALL of it!  The love that was flowing between Dane & Wes was very tender & beautiful, everything was sweet and not too 'over-the-top' for me.  In fact I sometimes even forgot that it was a male-male romance!  I am very impressed with Wolf Specter's story-telling, content & how captivating this story is, so I CANNOT wait to read more of his books!  It's obvious to me that he has a truly DRAGONIFIC amount of talent and after you read this story, I think you will agree!!

 

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – http://amzn.to/20vn4WA

Amazon US – http://amzn.to/20vn60L

Amazon AU – http://bit.ly/20vna0i

Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/20vnaxx

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/20vn8FK

No comments:

Post a Comment