Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Under the Full Blooded Moon by Diane Saxon


Under the Full Blooded Moon by Diane Saxon



Since he lost his father and his childhood at the age of ten to a witch’s curse, cynical journalist Stuart Caldwell has searched the world in his quest to find the key to his family’s centuries-old curse.


What he finds when he lands on the Scottish island of Breggar is far from what he expects. Instead of a battle to the death with the cruel enchantress he believes resides there, Stuart finds he’s the one in the firing line, and the target is his heart.



REVIEW ~


You’ve enchanted me.   5 EMERALD EYES

 

Had he any idea how attractive he was? Delicious and dangerous enough.  She’d bewitched him.   If he didn’t have her now, he might just die.  "Well, there you go. Never judge a book by its cover."  Stuart was referring to something else, but in this case - you most definitely can and should!!  This is one fantastical book on so many levels!  Given how many paranormal books I have read over the past couple of years, let alone the past 30+ years, I can honestly say that I do not ever remember reading a book like this one, and I mean that in ALL the best ways possible!!  

I was intrigued right from the beginning - okay, from that gorgeous Jimmy dandy cover, if I'm to be completely honest! wink - straight through to the very last page!  I love the way that Diane shares the story with us!  Right from the moment each character is introduced, before I know anything meaningful about them, I am caring about them, drawn in, desperate to learn all I can about them, protect them even!  

The emotion and downright desperate NEED from Stuart is almost hard to read, let alone experience and live with and AS him!  I actually think I connected more with him than I did with Ruth, but with the power behind Diane's storytelling, combined with the way I was so fully ensconced in the story & with the characters, that connection is quite possibly Ruth's influence on me!  

The way the story came to life, how I could picture the house Ruth & her Nana live in, the water, beach, garden, the people, etc. had me feeling much like the way that Ruth and Stuart were feeling from the intense dreams that had them questioning what was really real. That is how deeply attached I am to the characters, as if what they are feeling, experiencing, seeing, living is what I am feeling too, as if I was influencing their feelings, thoughts, actions and reactions!! Although I am fairly certain that Stuart has me beat for Drama Queen of the Year! I can't possibly be that pathetic, can I? LOL  It's okay Stuart! You make up for it in so many other ways! wink  I love, Love, LOVE all of the Scottish elements & charm!  

The way that Diane describes everything about this entire island, its people & their way of life, not only brings it to life as quick as a wicked storm, but it also transported me straight into the story so I feel like I am truly living it!  In fact, it has this almost familiar feel to it, like I have been to this island, like I'm coming back home to it.  Which is impossible since I've never been to Scotland!  And oh yeah!  The island is fictional!!  But that shows you just how exceptionally talented Diane is!!  

This is indeed one helluva magical, dream inducing, dream worthy novel that has left its mark on & in my heart, Under the Full Blooded Moon!!  It truly is Magic in its truest form.  She alone held the key to what he searched for. To break an age-old family curse. What if he was wrong? you need to open your eyes and heart before you open your mouth.

 

 

 

 

LINKS:

Amazon CA – https://goo.gl/wFSMit

Amazon US – https://goo.gl/8Mvs2b

Amazon AU – https://goo.gl/XY646G

Amazon UK – https://goo.gl/raXhqy

Goodreads – https://goo.gl/38CRSr

B&N – https://goo.gl/UosHdn

Kobo – https://goo.gl/gTofj9



No comments:

Post a Comment